cavallin motorized rolling mill broken
brad
2010-07-28 07:50:22 UTC
I have a cavallin motorized rolling mill that just stopped working one
day and I can not find any info online as to where I can find a repair
service or shop. Can anyone help me out? It powers on but will not run
just flashes OC3 on the screen. Please help
brad
Ted Frater
2010-07-29 07:45:22 UTC
Post by brad
I have a cavallin motorized rolling mill that just stopped working one
day and I can not find any info online as to where I can find a repair
service or shop. Can anyone help me out? It powers on but will not run
just flashes OC3 on the screen. Please help
It woul help if you said where you were,as the worlds a big place!! and
pointed us to a dropbox where one could see a picture of the mill with
roll dia and length and total mill weight/size.Never heard of this make,
but one has to assume its electric motor powered.
Most motors have a dataplate with voltage, phase rpm and horse power on
them.Easy to replace with another,as there never fully integral.
so if its not a mecanical problem ie the mill is siezed for what ever
reason, then it has to be a switch or motor winding problem.
Eliminate the mechanical side first, oil all bearings etc. then find a
electric motor repairer to check out the motor. Can you unbolt the motor
from the mill as a seperate unit?
Await your reply.
Abrasha
2010-08-10 07:12:27 UTC
Post by brad
I have a cavallin motorized rolling mill that just stopped working one
day and I can not find any info online as to where I can find a repair
service or shop. Can anyone help me out? It powers on but will not run
just flashes OC3 on the screen. Please help
How old is the mill? What model? LFM-120-1? Where did you buy it?
Where are you located? What screen?

There is most likely nothing wrong with the mill part of the machine,
since there is very little that can break. Most likely there is
something the issue is with your motor, which might be easy to replace
in a worst case scenario. Or there is something wrong with the linkage
between motor and mill.
--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com